Afterpay offer simple installment plans for online shoppers, allowing a purchase to be paid for in four equal installments, due every 2 weeks. Payment is automatically deducted from your credit card in four equal payments each fortnight and your order is shipped as normal, so there's no waiting like a layby.
Simply shop and choose Afterpay as your payment method at checkout. First-time shoppers provide payment details, as usual, returning shoppers simply log in to make their purchase. It’s that easy!
After you check out, the goods will be shipped to you by the merchant. At any time, you can log in to your Afterpay account to see your payment schedule and make a payment before the due date. Otherwise, we will automatically take the money from your debit or credit card every 2 weeks.
*Maximum order value for debit credit cards is $500.
Afterpay does not approve 100% of orders. We are committed to ensuring we support responsible spending.
When determining which orders to approve, we consider a number of different factors. As an example, the longer you have been a shopper with Afterpay and the more orders you have successfully repaid, the more likely you will be able to spend more.
To use Afterpay you need:
- A valid Australian or New Zealand debit or credit card with sufficient balance to pay your installments
- To be over 18 years of age
- To live in Australia or New Zealand
- Visa or Mastercard (please note AMEX is not accepted)
When Afterpay is available for your order it will appear as a payment option at the payment screen of checkout. Just follow the steps to make your payment.
Things to consider:
- Are there sufficient funds on your card (generally we look to see 25% of the order value available to spend)
- length of time you have been using Afterpay (tighter in the first 6 weeks)
- the amount you have to repay, it may help to pay some off (not a guarantee)
- the value of the order you are trying to place, it may help to reduce the value of your shopping cart (not a guarantee)
- adding a credit card may increase your spending power (not a guarantee)
- the number of orders you currently have 'open' with us (not a guarantee)
Whilst we know it can be frustrating to not know exactly how much you can spend each time or how many active orders you can have, our rules and approval process help Afterpay responsibly offer a completely free service to our shoppers.
For more info, visit Afterpay website: https://help.afterpay.com